I add a little to lemonade with some lavender and mint and let it sit in the fridge for several hours. It is so yummy in the hot weather.
How to Make Ginger Juice
- 1I have an 8 cup blender, a vita mix to be exact. So I cut the pieces up medium and then add enough filtered water to cover the ginger completely.
- 2Blend for a minute or two. You want to make sure the pieces are totally schmooshed.
- 3Get yourself a large bowl a ladle and a sieve with a handle.
- 4Set the ladle over the bowl and pour some of the ginger juice into the sieve. With the bottom of the ladle mix round the ginger mixture. You should see the pulp starting to separate from the juice.
- 5Keep moving the ladle back and forth pressing the pulp as you go. You should eventually get a dried out hunk of pulp. I don't keep it, I recycle this.
- 6Put the juice you get in a jar with a tight fitting lid and put in the fridge. This should last a few months. Use it sparingly it's strong but use it in your smoothies or other drinks. It is so good for you!!!