It can be used to increase general circulation of the body in cases where there are chronically cold hands and feet.
It can also be used for colds and the flu in which the person feels shivery and cold. Cinnamon has been making headline news lately for its ability to decrease insulin resistance and lower blood sugar levels in diabetics. consult doctor if insulin-dependant
- alcohol (any alcohol that you can drink will do. i used vodka, diluted everclear, etc. just not rubbing alcohol since you are ingesting it.)
- cinnamon chips ( cinnamomum cassia chips)
- a jar
How to Make Cinnamon Tinture
- 1To begin, simply fill a jar half full with cinnamon chips. I like to use the chips in place of powder because it is easier to strain. You can also take cinnamon sticks and break them down into smaller chips.
- 2Next fill the jar with the alcohol.
Let this mixture sit for two to six weeks. (Longer is better)
When done, strain the mixture and bottle.
- 3You can add a little bit of cinnamon tincture to teas, herbal infusions, coffee, and even ice cream. A little goes a long way, so start off with small amounts to find the right amount for your taste buds.
- 4This liquid preparation makes it easy to add to beverages like teas, herbal infusions and coffee without leaving a powdery substance behind. Also, small amounts can be added to teas or tinctures that don’t taste very good.
- 5Magickal Use: