How to Make Boere Junges
- 1Put raisins in medium saucepan. Add water, not quite enough to cover. Simmer raisins until soft, do not cook.
- 2Cool and drain.
- 3Add ¼ kg (~half pound) rock candy
½ spoonful family sugar (1 tsp sugar)
1 liter brandywijn (cognac)
- 4Put in stoppered bottle and let stand for at least 1 month.
- 5Alternatively, to make in individual sterilized jars:
Place one stick cinnamon and a piece of rock candy in each jar, pack with simmered raisins, add cognac to cover, seal jars.
- 6Variation: Boere Meisjes
Use dried apricots in place of raisins.