Raspberry-Lime Egg Cream
The classic chocolate egg cream starts with some chocolate syrup in a tall glass, covered with a couple of inches of milk and stirred. Then carbonated water fills the glass and a final flick of the spoon mixes it all together.
This recipe starts with fresh fruit, although frozen could be used. Lime-flavored seltzer adds a bit of tang.
How to Make Raspberry-Lime Egg Cream
- 1Place the rasperries in the blender.
- 2Add sugar or sweetener, adjusting the amount according to the sweetness (ripeness) of the berries, whether the seltzer is pre-sweetened, and your own sweet tooth.
- 3Whirr in the blender 10-15 seconds or until only little bits of the raspberries are visible.
- 4Pour the milk and raspberries through a screen sieve to remove the seeds. Then pour the liquid back in the blender.
- 5Pour the seltzer water on top and give a quick pulse to the blender to mix.
- 6Drink immediately as it will separate if allowed to sit, though it's still good a little separated. If you are called away from it, just add a little more seltzer and stir to bring it back to life.