Rainn's Melon Cooler
Now, neither of us liked the results, so we toyed around with it glass by glass until we discovered what it needed. Hope you enjoy.
** TIPS **
- When juicing, always juice the pulp 2x-3x for maximum juice extraction.
- Drier pulp can be easier used in other recipes such as quick breads (loaves, muffins, cookies, etc.
- Honey is a natural sweetener and can be used to sweeten juices, if you don't like honey try carrots.
- cucumber, seedless
- pineapple, skinned and chunked
- cantaloupe, peeled and chunked
- small watermelon, peeled and chunked
- 4-5 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp
- ginger powder
- milk (or soy milk)
How to Make Rainn's Melon Cooler
- 1Juice all fruit chunks in your juicer, then extract juice from pulp 2-3 times more. Reserve pulp for freezing.
- 2Transfer juice to a large pot and turn on low.
- 3Add honey, ginger & vanilla to to taste. DO NOT BOIL.
- 4Let cool completely and then transfer to to containers.
- 5Once cool, add enough milk until you get between a 50/50 or 60/40 ratio (juice to milk).
- 6Chill 5-6 hours until really cold and serve. This is best when served ice cold. Also good served in a glass with a spoonful of vanilla bean ice cream.