Melon Sa Malamig (Filipino Cantaloupe Drink)
Melon sa Malamig is a Cantaloupe drink from the Philippines.
Sa Malamig means “cold” in Tagalog. This cantaloupe drink is very refreshing just perfect for a hot summer day.
Use a grater to shred the cantaloupe or a melon scraper if you have one. You can add vanilla extract or evaporated milk if you like, these ingredients are optional.
If using the evaporated milk, drink the melon beverage quickly after the milk is added.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water, plus more for pitcher
- 1 medium cantaloupe
- optional: large splash vanilla extract
- optional: evaporated milk
How to Make Melon Sa Malamig (Filipino Cantaloupe Drink)
- 1In a small saucepan, combine sugar and water over high heat.
Once the water comes to a boil, reduce heat to low.
Simmer, stirring often, until sugar is dissolved.
Remove from heat and let cool.
- 2Clean the outside of the cantaloupe and cut in half. Use a spoon to remove the seeds and use a melon scraper to scoop out threads of the cantaloupe into a medium bowl.
If a melon scraper is not available, slice the cantaloupe and grate the flesh into the bowl.
- 3Place the grated cantaloupe flesh into the pitcher and add the cooled syrup. Fill with water.
If using, add a splash of vanilla extract or some evaporated milk.
- 4Serve chilled or with crushed ice.