Hot Chocolate Blocks on a Stick
All in one day, I seen these on:
King Arthur Flour site. kingarthurflour.com/...blocks-recipe
Then on Pinterest!
Then on larkscountryheart.com
...so I decided I was suppose to make them, it'd be a wonderful Christmas gift for my niece and nephew. They love Hot Chocolate!!!
Then I made homemade vanilla bean marshmallows to add to the stick.
Let's just say, OMGosh YUM!!!
- 2/3 c
- 1 - 14 oz
- can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tbsp
- instant coffee
- 3 3/4 c
- 60 % cacao chocolate chips, such as ghiradelli, or 2 - 11 oz bags
- wooden sticks
- large marshmallows, if desired
How to Make Hot Chocolate Blocks on a Stick
- 1Line an 8x8 pan with foil and lightly spray. Set aside.
In a large saucepan over medium heat, mix together cream, sweetened condensed milk and coffee. Heat until it starts to steam, stirring occasionally. Do Not Allow to boil. Remove from heat, add chocolate, stir slightly, just enough to cover chocolate and allow to sit for 8-10 minutes. Then return to a low heat, stir steadily until all chocolate has melted.
Pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate 6 hrs or overnight.
- 2Lift chocolate out of pan, onto cutting board. Remove foil and cut into 36 pieces. (approx 1 1/4" blocks. That's 6 rows with each row cut into 6) You may need to dip your knife in hot water, wipe dry quickly then slice, for the cleanest cuts...I did this with every row.
I made homemade Vanilla Bean Marshmallows (you could use large store bought marshmallows) and placed one of them on top of each block and inserted wooden stick. Wrap in plastic wrap or wax paper to store.
- 3To Use: Heat 6-8 oz of milk, add stick of chocolate and stir until melted. ENJOY!!!
- 4***Lark suggest adding other flavors as well, such as 1T mocha, orange or raspberry flavoring, she also added in a dash of cinnamon...stir these in before you pour into pan.