French Iced Coffee
It is like a coffee "slushy"
My Photo coming soon! I found this photo using my favorite bean in a clever way!
- 3 c
- strong coffee, brewed with 4-5 tbsp. of coffee grounds
- 1 3/4 c
- sugar, more or less to your taste
- 1 pt
- half and half, fat free works
- 1 qt
- skim milk
- 1 1/2 tsp
- good quality vanilla extract
How to Make French Iced Coffee
- 1Make the strong coffee and place in an ice cream pail. Add the sugar and stir until dissolved. Allow the coffee to cool down to at least just warm. Add the other ingredients.
- 2Freeze. Remove from freezer 2 hours before serving if using an ice cream pail. Stir it well before serving. I serve with a punch bowl and ladle.
For quicker thawing and serving, store in smaller individual size containers.
I also make an extra batch of strong coffee and freeze in ice cube trays to add to the 'slush" if wanted.
- 4A double recipe fits in an ice cream pail.