Slippery Elm Tea
Slippery elm is often used in the treatment of inflamed digestive conditions such as colitis, diarrhea, duodenal ulcers, enteritis and gastritis. It also may soothe coughs, colds and sore throats and is an ingredient of somecough lozenges and cough syrups. In a poultice, it treats abscesses, boilsminor burn and wounds.
If making your own use the inner bark of the tree provides the greatest therapeutic benefit.
- 1 Tbsp
- slippery elm bark (powdered)
- 1 c
- boiling water
- 1 Tbsp
- organic unsulfured blackstrap molasses or other sweetener
- 2-3 oz
- light coconut milk or other milk
- 1 dash(es)
- cinnamon or nutmeg for added flavor if desired
How to Make Slippery Elm Tea
- 1add boiling water to cup , add powdered bark and stir well add any extras you prefer and enjoy a throat soothing drink