Pine Needle Tea
A very interesting recipe with an unusual flavor...earthy:
The longer you steep pine needle tea, the stronger it becomes, making it more of a medicine than a tea. Drink the tea as a cold or flu remedy or to boost the immune system.
It is said that Katniss concocted this tea while learning to live off the land.")
- clusters of pine needles
- 1 qt
- boiling water
- juice from 1 lemon
- maple syrup to taste
How to Make Pine Needle Tea
- 1Using kitchen scissors, snip needles into pieces 1-2 inches long.
- 2Pour boiling water over the needles. Add lemon juice.
- 3Cover and let steep 5 minutes.
- 4Strain needles out of tea.
- 5Sweeten to taste with maple syrup and serve.