A PERFECT POT OF TEA
- fresh cold water to fill pot
- 5 tsp
- loose tea (1 tsp. per person and one for the pot) or 4 teabags
- sweetener, to taste
- add lemon, milk, etc. to preferred taste
How to Make A PERFECT POT OF TEA
- 1Start with enough fresh cold water to fill the teapot. Place water in tea kettle on top of stove, or in electric kettle and bring just to a boil.
- 2Pour a small amount of the hot water into your teapot and swish around; then discard. (You may also do the same with your teacups, to avoid shocking the loose tea or bags.) Add the loose tea or teabags. Pour hot water over tea.
- 3Let steep in pot, uncovered (to avoid stewing) for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 4If you like milk in your tea, pour a small amount into cup BEFORE adding brewed tea. Pour the tea, using a tea strainer. Taste and sweeten to your liking.
- 5NOTES: If brewing tea bags, 3 minutes' steeping time should be enough. If using loose tea, especially Earl Grey and Lady Grey, five minutes is needed. Do not brew loose tea any longer than seven minutes.
Store loose tea or tea bags in a sealed jar or tin to keep them fresh.