Fruity & Spicy Rum Tea
Warning, this is not the tea that mom made. I hope that you enjoy this delightful hot treat.
For a non-alcoholic version of this tea, use rum extract or rum flavord syrup instead.
- 2 1/2 c
- apricot nectar
- 1 c
- orange juice, fresh
- 1/2 c
- pineapple juice
- 1/2 c
- 2 Tbsp
- brown sugar, brown (or to taste)
- 1 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- whole cloves
- lemon slices
- 2 1/2 tsp
- instant tea powder, lemon
- 2 oz
- white rum
- cinnamon sticks (for garnish)
How to Make Fruity & Spicy Rum Tea
- 1In a medium size pot, combine the apricot nectar, orange & pineapple juices, water, sugar, ground cinnamon, cloves and lemon slices.
- 2Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to low.
- 3Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 4Next stir in the rum and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- 5Now add the instant tea, mixing well.
- 6Strain the tea mixture and pour into warm mugs.
- 7Garnish with the cinnamon stick, for stirring.
- 8This is best when served hot.