Fruity & Spicy Rum Tea
Warning, this is not the tea that mom made. I hope that you enjoy this delightful hot treat.
For a non-alcoholic version of this tea, use rum extract or rum flavord syrup instead.
2 1/2 capricot nectar
1 corange juice, fresh
1/2 cpineapple juice
2 Tbspbrown sugar, brown (or to taste)
1 tspground cinnamon
2 1/2 tspinstant tea powder, lemon
2 ozwhite rum
4cinnamon sticks (for garnish)
How to Make Fruity & Spicy Rum Tea
- In a medium size pot, combine the apricot nectar, orange & pineapple juices, water, sugar, ground cinnamon, cloves and lemon slices.
- Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to low.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Next stir in the rum and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Now add the instant tea, mixing well.
- Strain the tea mixture and pour into warm mugs.
- Garnish with the cinnamon stick, for stirring.
- This is best when served hot.