Cold Orange & Cardamom Cocoa
Make ice cubes with your leftover coffee. It really adds extra flavor to your cold drinks.
*Please note: 2 hr cook time is actually 2 hrs chilling time.
- 1 1/2 c
- 2% low fat milk
- 2 Tbsp
- half and half cream
- 2 - 3
- cardamom pods, whole
- orange peel, 3-inch x 1-inch piece
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract, pure
- 2 1/2 Tbsp
- cocoa, good quality
- 3 tsp
- ice cubes, coffee
- whipped cream, garnish
- 1/2 tsp
- orange rind, grated, garnish
How to Make Cold Orange & Cardamom Cocoa
- 1In a pot add milk, cream, whole cardamom pods and orange peel.
- 2Gently heat the mixture until it is steaming hot but do not boil.
- 3Take off the heat and remove the cardamom pods and orange peel.
- 4Now add the vanilla extract to the milk mixture.
- 5Make a paste with the cocoa, honey and 2 tbsp of the hot milk mixture.
- 6Now add the cocoa paste to the remaining hot milk mixture and whisk vigorously, till well blended.
- 7Allow to cool, chill two hours in fridge until ready to serve.
- 8Whisk cocoa well and pour into a large glass with 3 coffee ice cubes.
- 9Garnish with whip cream and grated orange rind.