Cold Orange & Cardamom Cocoa
Make ice cubes with your leftover coffee. It really adds extra flavor to your cold drinks.
*Please note: 2 hr cook time is actually 2 hrs chilling time.
1 1/2 c2% low fat milk
2 Tbsphalf and half cream
2 - 3cardamom pods, whole
1orange peel, 3-inch x 1-inch piece
1 tspvanilla extract, pure
2 1/2 Tbspcocoa, good quality
3ice cubes, coffee
·whipped cream, garnish
1/2 tsporange rind, grated, garnish
How to Make Cold Orange & Cardamom Cocoa
- In a pot add milk, cream, whole cardamom pods and orange peel.
- Gently heat the mixture until it is steaming hot but do not boil.
- Take off the heat and remove the cardamom pods and orange peel.
- Now add the vanilla extract to the milk mixture.
- Make a paste with the cocoa, honey and 2 tbsp of the hot milk mixture.
- Now add the cocoa paste to the remaining hot milk mixture and whisk vigorously, till well blended.
- Allow to cool, chill two hours in fridge until ready to serve.
- Whisk cocoa well and pour into a large glass with 3 coffee ice cubes.
- Garnish with whip cream and grated orange rind.