Blackberry & Orange Iced Tea
Please note that 4 hour chilling time is not included in prep time.
3jasmine tea bags
1 1/4 cblackberries ( frozen or fresh)
1/4 corange juice, fresh squeezed
1/4 - 1/3 csugar, white (or to taste)
1/2 ccup water, cold
1 Tbsporange juice, for rimming glass
1 Tbspsugar, for rimming glass
4orange slices ( garnish)
4mint sprigs ( garnish)
20ice cubes ( mixture of normal ice cubes, orange juice ice cubes and orange slice & blackberry ice cubes)
How to Make Blackberry & Orange Iced Tea
- Ice Cubes - For flavored ice cubes - freeze orange juice in ice cube trays.
- Now for the orange slices/blackberries ice cubes - place half a slice of orange and two blackberries in ice cube tray and fill with water -- freeze and store in plastic bag until ready to use.
- Steep teabags in 4 cups of boiling water for 3 - 4 minutes, then discard the teabags.
- Place tea on counter to cool.
- Don't allow tea to over steep, it will result in a bitter tea.
- In large pot, bring blackberries, juice, sugar and 1/2 cup water to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally until the blackberries break down.
- Next add the berry mixture to the tea.
- Now allow the tea and berry mixture to cool on the counter before putting into the fridge to prevent clouding in your tea.
- Once tea has cooled put in fridge to chill for 4 hours.
- Strain tea mixture and serve in a ice cube filled glass that you have rimmed with orange juice and dipped in sugar.
- Garnish with orange slice and mint.
- Close your eye’s, sit back on the deck and enjoy.
- Iced tea taste best when it is freshly made and will last for two or three