Blackberry & Orange Iced Tea
Please note that 4 hour chilling time is not included in prep time.
- jasmine tea bags
- water, cold
- 1 1/4 c
- blackberries ( frozen or fresh)
- 1/4 c
- orange juice, fresh squeezed
- 1/4 - 1/3 c
- sugar, white (or to taste)
- 1/2 c
- cup water, cold
- 1 Tbsp
- orange juice, for rimming glass
- 1 Tbsp
- sugar, for rimming glass
- orange slices ( garnish)
- mint sprigs ( garnish)
- ice cubes ( mixture of normal ice cubes, orange juice ice cubes and orange slice & blackberry ice cubes)
How to Make Blackberry & Orange Iced Tea
- 1Ice Cubes - For flavored ice cubes - freeze orange juice in ice cube trays.
- 2Now for the orange slices/blackberries ice cubes - place half a slice of orange and two blackberries in ice cube tray and fill with water -- freeze and store in plastic bag until ready to use.
- 3Steep teabags in 4 cups of boiling water for 3 - 4 minutes, then discard the teabags.
- 4Place tea on counter to cool.
- 5Don't allow tea to over steep, it will result in a bitter tea.
- 6In large pot, bring blackberries, juice, sugar and 1/2 cup water to boil.
- 7Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally until the blackberries break down.
- 8Next add the berry mixture to the tea.
- 9Now allow the tea and berry mixture to cool on the counter before putting into the fridge to prevent clouding in your tea.
- 10Once tea has cooled put in fridge to chill for 4 hours.
- 11Strain tea mixture and serve in a ice cube filled glass that you have rimmed with orange juice and dipped in sugar.
- 12Garnish with orange slice and mint.
- 13Close your eye’s, sit back on the deck and enjoy.
- 14Iced tea taste best when it is freshly made and will last for two or three