Orange Iced Tea
- 4 c
- boiling water
- tea bags
- ice cubes
- honey or brown sugar, for sweetening
- orange slices, for garnish (optional)
- mint sprigs, for garnish (optional)
How to Make Orange Iced Tea
- 1With a vegetable peeler, peel each orange in a continuous spiral, removing only the outer orange colored layer of peel. Place orange peels in a large pitcher.
- 2Add the tea bags to the pitcher, and pour the boiling water over the tea bags and orange peels. Cover and steep 5 minutes. Remove tea bags. Cover pitcher, and chill the tea mixture (with peels).
- 3To serve, remove the peels and pour iced tea over ice cubes in tall glasses.
- 4Sweeten to taste with honey (or brown sugar). Garnish with orange slices and fresh mint leaves, if desired.