Old Fashioned Black Currant Lemonade
How to Make Old Fashioned Black Currant Lemonade
- 1Please Note * Boil the water and currants without the sugar until the fruit are soft.
Adding the sugar too soon makes the currants tough, and they will not release their flavor.
- 2Cover the currants with 1 cup of water and boil until the fruit is soft.
- 3Strain the mixture, keeping only the juice.
- 4Add 1 cup of sugar to the juice and reheat.
- 5Once the sugar has dissolved and the mixture has thickened a little pour the black currant syrup into a jar and seal, allow to cool; when cooled place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- 6When ready to serve, add ice cubes and the squeezed lemon halve to the chilled glass.
- 7For one serving of lemonade use equal parts syrup and equal parts cold water with juice from a half a lemon.