Cardamom Shake - India
Fresh ground cardamom is best, it has a lovely subtle flavor that is lost when you buy it already ground.
I'm going to have to look for white poppy seeds as I know my sis is going to want to try this recipe on her next visit. Can't wait!
3 cmilk (doodh)
3 Tbspwhite poppy seeds (safed khuskhus)
2 Tbspcashews, minced, raw (or almonds, badam)
3 Tbspcoconut, shredded, fried (nariyal)
1/3 csugar (cheeni, or as much as desired)
1/2 tspcardamom seed, green, freshly ground (elaichi)
How to Make Cardamom Shake - India
- Place the poppy seeds in a frying pan over a moderately low heat and dry-roast, turning often, for about 5 minutes.
- Combine the poppy seeds , cashews or almonds , coconut and water in a blender or food processor fitted with the metal blade and process for 2-3 minutes or until the nuts are reduced to a fine puree.
- Add 2 cups of milk and process on low speed for 15 seconds.
- Pour the mixture through a strainer over a pan.
- Press out as much as liquid as possible, then add the remaining milk and cardamom seeds.
- Stirring constantly bring to boil over moderately high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 2 minutes, then add the sugar.
- Pour the milk back and forth from one pan to another until it is frothy.
- Serve immediately in warmed cups.