THOMAS JEFFERSON HOT CHOCOLATE
This is the smoothest, creamiest and richest hot chocolate ever.
DO NOT heat the base and milk together in the microwave, or the mixture will become grainy.
Source: Heirloom Recipes Cookbook by Marcia Adams
- 2 1/2 oz
- baking chocolate, unsweetened
- 1/2 c
- cold water
- 1 c
- whipping cream
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- milk, when making a cup of hot chocolate
How to Make THOMAS JEFFERSON HOT CHOCOLATE
- 1In a heavy saucepan, combine the chocolate and water over medium heat, and cook until the mixture is dissolved, smooth, and thick, whisking out any lumps.
Add the salt and sugar and continue cooking and whisking for 3 to 4 minutes.
Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- 2In a chilled bowl, whip the cream and vanilla together; stir into the cooled chocolate mixture.
Transfer to a quart container and store in the refrigerator.
- 3To make the hot chocolate, place a heaping tablespoon of the chocolate base in each cup and add 1 cup of hot milk. Whisk until smooth and frothy.