New Orleans Cafe Brulot
Chicory makes dark, rich Louisiana coffee special. In the 1800's, cafe Brulot bowls, ladles and cups were traditional wedding presents for New Orleans brides.
- (3 inch) cinnamon sticks, broken
- whole cloves
- sugar cubes
- orange peel, membrane removed (strip - 3x1/4-inch)
- lemon peel, membrane removed (strip - 3x1/4-inch)
- 1/2 c
- 2 c
- hot strong coffee, double-strength
How to Make New Orleans Cafe Brulot
- 1In a blazer pan of a chafing dish combine cinnamon, cloves, sugar cubes, orange and lemon peels.
- 2In a small pan heat brandy till nearly boiling. Remove from heat and ignite. Pour over the mixture in blazer pan.
- 3Place the blazer pan over chafing dish burner and spoon the brandy over sugar until the cubes melt. Stir in coffee.
- 4Pour into mugs and enjoy.