My Version of Caramel, Salted Cocoa
Please don't be tempted to not use the SALT...it enhances the dark depths of the bittersweet chocolate and the sweet golden caramel.
The alcohol in this drink is strictly optional. It is so good both ways, you won't be sorry.
3 Tbspbittersweet cocoa, good quality
1 c2% low-fat milk
1 - 2 Tbspcaramel ice cream topping
1/8 cheavy cream
1 ozbutterscotch schnapps or 1 oz butterscotch liqueur (both optional)
2 ozwhipped cream ( garnish)
1 tspbittersweet chocolate shavings ( garnish)
1 Tbspcaramel ice cream topping ( garnish)
1/16 tspcoarse sea salt
How to Make My Version of Caramel, Salted Cocoa
- Heat milk in pot on low heat -- till nice and hot -- do not boil.
- Mix in the bittersweet cocoa and blend well.
- Add the caramel, cream and butter shot to the warmed milk and stir well.
- Top with the whipped cream and sprinkle on chocolate shavings.
- Next drizzle the caramel over the whipped cream and chocolate, lastly sprinkle on the salt.
- Now sit back and enjoy this decadent treat. You won't believe the flavor.