My Version of Caramel, Salted Cocoa
Please don't be tempted to not use the SALT...it enhances the dark depths of the bittersweet chocolate and the sweet golden caramel.
The alcohol in this drink is strictly optional. It is so good both ways, you won't be sorry.
- 3 Tbsp
- bittersweet cocoa, good quality
- 1 c
- 2% low-fat milk
- 1 - 2 Tbsp
- caramel ice cream topping
- 1/8 c
- heavy cream
- 1 oz
- butterscotch schnapps or 1 oz butterscotch liqueur (both optional)
- 2 oz
- whipped cream ( garnish)
- 1 tsp
- bittersweet chocolate shavings ( garnish)
- 1 Tbsp
- caramel ice cream topping ( garnish)
- 1/16 tsp
- coarse sea salt
How to Make My Version of Caramel, Salted Cocoa
- 1Heat milk in pot on low heat -- till nice and hot -- do not boil.
- 2Mix in the bittersweet cocoa and blend well.
- 3Add the caramel, cream and butter shot to the warmed milk and stir well.
- 4Top with the whipped cream and sprinkle on chocolate shavings.
- 5Next drizzle the caramel over the whipped cream and chocolate, lastly sprinkle on the salt.
- 6Now sit back and enjoy this decadent treat. You won't believe the flavor.