India's Basil Tea
Now, this sounds good. I often am left wondering what I'm going to do with all the basil growing in the garden. What a great use for it.
Please note: Cooking time is for steeping of the tea.
- 1/2 c
- basil leaves (tulsi leaves)
- 2 1/4 c
- 2 tsp
- tea leaves (chai patti, or 2 tea bags)
- sugar (your preference, cheeni)
- milk (your preference, doodh)
How to Make India's Basil Tea
- 1In a small pan bring water and basil leaves to boil.
- 2Lower the heat and allow the tea to brew for 3-4 minutes.
- 3Now add the tea leaves or tea bags and sugar to your taste and bring to a boil.
- 4Turn off the heat and strain the tea into cups and add milk as per your taste.