Real Hot Chocolate, no-powder storable mix
How to Make Real Hot Chocolate, no-powder storable mix
- 1Place chocolate chips, cream and salt in a large microwavable bowl. Microwave for 2 minutes, stir and repeat process until mixture is fully combined and creamy.
- 2Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until solid, about 2 hours.
- 3Scoop about 3T of the hardened mixture and form into a ball. Cover each ball with plastic wrap. Do this until all of the mixture has been scooped and wrapped. Store all the balls in a ziplock bag. Mixture keeps well in refrigerator for 5 days or in the freezer for 2 months.
- 4When you want a cup of real hot chocolate, simple take a wrapped mixture ball out of fridge or freezer and place in a mug. Add milk. Microwave for 1.5 to 2 mins. Stir and enjoy.
- 5****** This last batch I made, I just left the mixture in the glass measuring cup I heated it in and stored it in the fridge with a lid. We have so many cups of Hot Chocolate each day with a few of us using it, I skipped the wrapping and bagging stage. We just spoon out about 3T worth, put it in a cup and pour milk on and heat. Very easy.