Hot Chocolate New England Style
1/8 - 1/4 cwhite sugar
2 - 3 Tbspcocoa
1/4 cwater, boiling
4 cwhole milk
1/4 cheavy cream
1 Tbspmaple syrup
1 tsppure vanilla extract
How to Make Hot Chocolate New England Style
- In a large pot, add sugar, cocoa, and salt.
- Stir in the boiling water and butter, mix well and bring mixture to a rapid boil.
- Mix the milk, cream, maple syrup and vanilla extract together.
- Lower heat to simmering and slowly add the milk mixture to pot.
- Now add 8 of the marshmallows and heat through, stirring occasionally until the marshmallows are all melted.
- Pour into four warm mugs and top each mug with a marshmallow.