1 qtblack, hot tea
1 qtcranberry juice cocktail
1 qtapple juice
2 corange juice (with or without pulp)
3/4 cfresh lemon juice
1 1/2 cgranulated sugar
·fresh orange slices
·cloves for the orange slices
How to Make Holiday Wassail
- Place all the ingredients in a large Dutch oven or other large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then turn down the heat and simmer.
- Add 1/5 bottle of Rum and 1/2 fifth bottle of Brandy.
- Add slices of fresh orange.
- Keep warm until you are ready to serve.
- Take some fresh orange slices and stick cloves in them.
- Pour the wassail into a cup, add the fresh orange slice with cloves, and enjoy.
Make sure you remove the cloves and cinnamon sticks from the wassail before you pour it into cups.