☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1blood orange, blood
1 cunsweetened pineapple juice, pineapple
1 qtcranberry juice, red
2cinnamon sticks, 3-inch pieces
1fresh ginger, 2-inch piece, fresh, peeled/sliced lengthwise
3whole allspice, balls (not ground)
2 Tbspdark brown sugar (or to taste)
4 sliceorange slices, (garnish)
How to Make Blushing Cranberry Cider
- Remove two, 3-inch-long strips of peel from the orange and set aside until needed.
- Next juice and strain the orange.
- To a medium pot, add the orange, pineapple and cranberry juices, orange peel, cinnamon sticks, ginger, allspice and cloves.
- Make sure to sample and add the sugar if desired.
- Heat over medium-high heat until it starts to simmer, then reduce the heat to low and continue to simmer 30 - 45 minutes.
- Strain the cider, pour into warm mugs, add orange slices and serve immediately