☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1/4 c
- 1/8 c
- whole cloves
- cinnamon stick
- satsumas or clementines, divided
- 1/3 c
- triple sec (orange-flavored liqueur)
- lemon, cut into 8 wedges
- lime, cut into 8 wedges
- 750 ml bottle red wine, fruity type
How to Make Winter Sangria
- 1Combine sugar and water in a small heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium low until the sugar dissolves. Set aside. Place cloves and cinnamon stick in the simple syrup so the flavors meld.
- 2Meanwhile, juice 4 of the satsumas/clementines. (You will need 1 cup of juice). Section the other 2 satsuma/clementines.
- 3Combine the wine, satsuma juice, simple syrup (including the whole cloves and cinnamon stick), triple sec, satsuma sections, lemon wedges and lime wedges in a large pitcher. Stir well.
- 4Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, but optimally for 12 hours. Enjoy!