Borrowed pictures from internet
- parts ginkgo leaves
- parts siberian ginseng root
- parts rose hips
- parts hawthorn berries
- part fresh, ripe, mashed persimmon
- part fresh lemon balm or lemon verbena
- part sliced fresh organic oranges or tangerines
- part grated fresh gingerroot
- vanilla bean sliced lengthwise and cut into 1/4" slivers
- honey or maple syrup (1/4 to 1/2 cup pre quart of cordial
How to Make Persimmon-Vanilla Cordial
- 1Make a cordial: Chop the herbs and fruits. Grind the dry herbs. Place all of the ingredients in a widemouthed glass jar. Cover with 3 times as much brandy.
Cover the jar and store at room temperature and away from direct light and heat.
- 2Shake daily for 2-4 weeks. Strain well, squeezing as much liquid as possible out of the steeped herbs. Compost the herbs and rebottle the cordial.
- 3Sweeten cordial lightly with 1/4-1/2 cup honey or maple syrup per quart of cordial.
- 4To use:
Enjoy 1/4-1 teasponn per dose, 1-3 times per day as needed.