It was fun to let the guests attempt to figure out the exact combination of ingredients I used...pomegranate molasses was the biggest surprise as most people have not ever heard of it or used it!
Try it and let me know what you think.
- 3 c
- ice cold vodka (i store it in the freezer so it's always ready)
- 1 c
- prepared lemonade
- 1/2 c
- pomegranate molasses (available at middle eastern grocery or in ethnic food section at larger chain store groceries).
- 6 slice
- fresh lemon, sliced thin and dipped in fine granulated sugar
How to Make Mediterranean Cocktail
- 1Chill six tall glasses in the freezer about half an hour before service.
- 2Combine all liquid ingredients in a large bowl to combine.
- 3When ready to serve cocktails: Add two or three ice cubes to each chilled glass; fill with cocktail and garnish with a sugared, split, lemon slice hung on the rim...add a straw and drink up!
- 4Hint:If you don't have access to the pomegranta molasses you may try substituting pure pomegranate juice that has been heated until reduced by half. POM Wonderful is the best, generally available,juice brand,,,other brands are often adulterated with other juices and too much sugar added...flavor is not at all good! Also, if you can find fresh pomagranates at the store, use some of the whole seeds swirled into each beverage glass, as a tasty and pretty addition. The seeds are like small jewels floating in the liquid.