March 23-26, 2012 JAP Meet Up Info & Chat
Our plan is to have a Chopped style cooking challenge on Sunday morning at 11:30 AM. We will be divided into teams to compete against each other with a mystery box of ingrediends to work with. We will have a brunch following that and ask that everyone bring a dish to share. More info below
- beauiful location at a state park in dania beach florida
- your own transportation to and from ft lauderdale airport or dania beach if flying or driving
- lots of cooking, eating, drinking, laughing, and getting to know our sisters
How to Make March 23-26, 2012 JAP Meet Up Info & Chat
- 2I contacted the JAP kitchen crew and informed them of our plans. They have offered prizes for our Chopped style cooking competition. We will be divide into teams to compete with a mystery box of ingredients to work with. This will be at 11:30 AM Sunday, March 25th. it will be followed by brunch. We ask that everyone bring a dish to share for this potluck brunch. If u are planning to attend, please contact eithe myself or Jane via JAP PO box and we will pass on phone info and directions.
We have other things planned including snorkeling, dining at a couple of places that have been on Food Network's Diner's Drive In's and Dives...Grandpa's and a seafood buffet. Jane lives in a John Lloyd Beach State Park..so alot of beach time and socializing is planned.
- 3For our stay, because it's just down the road from Jane's place and to accomodate everyones finances, we chose to stay at:
825 E Dania Beach Blvd
Dania Beach, FL 33004
We will really only be there to sleep, and will be spending alot of time at Jane's place in John Lloyd Beach State Park anyway. It does have a pool so that will be fun. La Quinta is just down the road if that suits some of u better.
- 4Directions to Jane & GW's place in John E Lloyd State Park:
75 South to 595E.
A1A Dania Beach exit. (go right past the airport)
In Dania take a left on Dania Beach Blvd.
Right into John Lloyd State Park.
Come in on 1 and take a left on Dania Bech Blvd, and right into John Lloyd State Park.
Tell them at the gate you are here to see me, Jane McMillan, so they won't charge you to get in.
I am 2 1/2 miles in, first left after the red brick walkway.
My house will be the first to the right, a grey house with a big solar panel on the roof.
PM either of us, Dee Stillwell or Jane McMillan, for a phone number to to reach us in case u get lost.