Giant Rainbow Jello Shot
4 1/2 cwater (divided)
6 3 oz. pkgflavored gelatin (6 different colors)
6 tspplain gelatin powder
3 crum or vodka ( i used raspberry rum)
1 1/8 cvanilla yogurt (divided)
How to Make Giant Rainbow Jello Shot
- Place the bottle of liquor in the freezer for several hours before beginning recipe.
- Lightly spray bundt pan or gelatin mold with non stick cooking spray. Wipe off the excess spray with a paper towel. A slight residue should remain, just enough to help unmold your gelatin, without affecting the taste or appearance.
- Pour 3/4 cup water into a saucepan and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the plain gelatin. Allow gelatin to soak for a minute or two. Heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin is dissolved (about 5 minutes). Wisk in the first package of flavored gelatin. Whisk for at least 2 minutes, or until completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat. Add 1/2 cup of the cold liquor, and stir to combine.
- Pour 3/4 cup of the gelatin mixture into the prepared mold, and place in refrigerator. Allow to set for 20 to 30 minutes, until the gelatin is a little firm, but still sticks when touched. Very important – if the layers set up too much, the next layer won’t bond appropriated.
- Refrigerate the remaining gelatin mixture in bowl about 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Gradually stir in 3 tablespoons of yogurt and stir until well blended. This cooling step is also important – the gelatin must be cooled to room temperature before adding on top of other layers, or the layers will not be well defined.
- Gently spoon the gelatin/yogurt mixture over set gelatin and return to the refrigerator Refrigerate about 15 minutes or until gelatin is set but not firm (Again, it should stick to finger when touched.) As the layers progress, the setting time will become shorter as the pan and gelatin becomes colder, and the layers become thinner as more layers are added to the mold.
- Repeat steps with remaining gelatin flavors, for a total of 12 alternating clear and creamy gelatin layers.
- After completing all the layers, refrigerate the gelatin overnight. To unmold, fill a larger container or clean sink with warm water. With clean fingers, loosen the gelatin around the edges of the mold cavities. Next, dip the mold almost to the edge into the warm water for just a few seconds (10 seconds worked for me). Dry the bottom of the mold with a towel and check the edges to see if they are loose, if not, repeat the dip for just a few seconds. Place your serving plate on top of the mold and invert. Your masterpiece is now ready to serve!