The maraschino liqueur (we recommend Luxardo) adds a rich sweetness, which compensates for the fact that dry rather than sweet vermouth is used.
Amer Picon is difficult to find in the United States, but an Italian amaro such as Ramazzotti will substitute quite well.
- 2 ounces whiskey (rye or blended)
- 1 ounce dry vermouth
- dash of maraschino liqueur
- dash of amer picon (a bitter, orange-flavored cordial. torani amer may also be substituted.)
How to Make Brooklyn Cocktail
- 1Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker over ice.
- 2Shake and strain into a cocktail glass.
- 3Garnish with a lemon twist.