Bet's Bourbon Slush
Use this concentrate instead of ice. Put a couple ice cream scoops into glass or until glass is 3/4 full, pour 7up to fill and that's it. We use to bring this to our office parties but be warned.. there is a lot of sitting and gabbing so stand up with caution. LOL.
2tea bags or 1 family size tea bag
1 cboiling water
1 1/2 csugar
1 can(s)orange juice, concentrate thawed
1 can(s)lemon juice concentrate thawed
How to Make Bet's Bourbon Slush
- Steep tea bags in boiling water 5 min; remove tea bags. You want a strong tea.
- In large bowl, Stir in sugar and hot tea until dissolved and cooled, add remaining ingredients & mix well.
- Pour into freezer container & freeze (it will crystallize, not totally firm or solid) at least 24 hrs. before using.
Freeze in Tupperware like container with tight lid. Will last months in deep freeze.
- To Serve: Spoon 2 large ice cream type scoops into an 'Ol Fashion' cocktail glass add '7 Up' to fill glass and garnish with a cherry or orange wedge if desired. It will have the consistency of a slush. Return to freezer to keep frozen.
- NOTE: If you have a good container with a tight lid, turn upside down to distribute the bourbon thru-out before using.