A Texan Bee Sting
At Lucy's Fried Chicken in Austin, Texas, local Republic Tequila Reposado is used in this Bee's Knees variation. For this tasty cocktail you will need: a cocktail shaker, cocktail strainer and a martini glass.
Hope you will enjoy this tasty cocktail.
- 1 ounce honey
- 1/2 ounce hot water
- 1 jalapeno slice, about 1/2 inch thick
- 1 1/2 ounces reposado tequila
- 3/4 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 ounce honey syrup
- garnish: jalapeno slice and lemon twist
FOR THE COCKTAIL:
How to Make A Texan Bee Sting
- 1Stir honey and hot water together to make honey syrup.
- 2Muddle jalapeno in the shaker gently.
- 3Add tequila, lemon juice, and honey syrup.
- 4Fill shaker with ice and shake for 15 seconds.
- 5Strain into a chilled martini glass and garnish.
- 6Serve straight up