How to Make Vavo lidia's sweet rice pudding.
- 1POUR the milk into 2 1/2 quart saucepan and heat over medium - high heat until little bubbles form around the edges and the milk starts to steam
REMOVE FROM HEAT.
- 2PUT the rice and salt into a separate 2 1/2 quart saucepan .ADD enough water to just cover the rice.
PLACE over medium -high heat, cover and bring to a boil .
REDUCE the heat to medium- low a stirring constantly,cook the rice just until the water evaporates,being careful NOT TO BURN IT.
- 3STIR the scaled milk into the rice and ,add the orange peel Or zest.
COVER and continue to simmer the rice for another 20to 25 minutes until it is almost done.
- 4WHEN the rice is tender, remove the orange peel and add ,the sugar.
Continue to simmer for 5 minutes more. STIRRING constantly , until the sugar is dissolved .
THE pudding should be somewhat think,like oatmeal.
IT will continue to thicken as it cools.
- 5POUR into flat platters or individual servings dishes and garnish with cinnamon in the PORTUGUESE style: pinching some cinnamon between the index finger and thumb, dropping it close to the surface of the rice.
IN a design or initials of a guest of honor.
CHILL, CHILL. SERVE chilled or bring to room temperature for serving.
- 6TIP . USE A VEGETABLE peeler and lightly pressure to remove the peel from oranges,or you also use some lemon rid to. I use a very small grinder ,make sure not to use any of the white pith.
ENJOY IT for we all do in this huge family of our. THANKS MOM LOVE ALWAYS YOUR LOVING DAUGHTER. GORETTI