The Best Darn Bread Pudding I Ever Made!
At Costco they carry B.B. Bakery Cinnamon Swirl Bread. I love this bread! I had a loaf in the refrig & stood there looking at it wondering what wonderful thing I could make out of it other then French Toast.
The light bulb went on & I remembered my Mother"s recipe & made bread pudding, but I added different spices that I love.
Now I have never made bread pudding before, as my kids hate it.
I tested the recipe on my neighbors who went flip over it & they requested the bread pudding on our Annual Christmas Eve morning buffet.
- loaf of cinnamon swirl bread, b.b.bakery
- jumbo extra large organic eggs
- 6 c
- organic raw whole milk
- 2 c
- organic raw half and half or cream
- 2 1/2 tsp
- 1 /1/2 tsp
- 3/4 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- ground cloves
- 1 c
- golden raisins, soaked in brandy or hot water, drained (optional)
- 1 c
- nuts mixed, walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts, chopped into pieces. (optional)
- vanilla bean scraped or 1 1/2 teaspoons of extract , any you like
- 1 cup
- dark chocolate chips melted for drizzling (optional)
- 1 1/2 c
- 1/2 c
- melted butter
How to Make The Best Darn Bread Pudding I Ever Made!
- 1As this was baking it was hard to resist just sticking a fork in and grabbing a bite before it was finished. My house smelled so good and I wish I had some left over this morning to eat. But, my testers ate it all. Sigh!
Cut the slices of bread in 1" inch pieces.
Place in a buttered large roasting pan. Add the nuts, or raisins. Mix lightly. You can use currants or dried cranberries or any dried fruit or use them all.
Beat the eggs with the milk and half/half or cream, sugar and vanilla bean seeds or extract. Add the spices. Add the half a cup of cooled melted butter. Beat all together.
- 2Pour the spiced milk butter mixture over the bread and let sit in the refrig. a couple of hours. Fold it over to lift the bottom to the top and to soak the top.
Bake at 350 for 55 minutes or until done.
Drizzle melted chocolate over the top.
- 3Serve with a Hot Brandy, Rum or Vanilla sauce made of powdered sugar, butter, cream, rum or brandy or any extract you like. Or make a homemade hot thin pudding as I did. Or serve with a hot Chocolate sauce.
Serve HOT with the a sauce of your choice.
If the top looks like it is getting too brown cover with tin foil and finish baking.