Sugar free Coconut banana pudding
You can serve this all the time and no one will ever know you have trimmed it down!
- 1 c
- 3 Tbsp
- corn starch
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 1/4 c
- unsweetened, unflavored almond milk
- 11/4 c
- lite coconut milk
- 3/4 c
- heavy cream
- 4 large
- egg yolks
- 3 Tbsp
- cold butter cubed
- 1 1/2 tsp
- good vanilla extract
- 1 tsp
- coconut flavoring
- bananas sliced
- 1 box
- sugar free vanilla wafers. murrays cookie company makes a good one
- 1 c
- shredded coconut
How to Make Sugar free Coconut banana pudding
- 1In a large sauce pan whisk together first 7 ingredients. Be sure to dissolve all corn starch into this mixture.
- 2Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until the custard begins to thicken. When thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon add butter a few cubes at a time. Stirring until all butter is incorporated. Stir in half the coconut at this time as well.
- 3Remove pan from heat and carefully stir flavorings into custard. Cool completely
- 4In a 2 quart casserole dish pour 2 Tbs of cooled custard to coat the bottom. Layer wafers to cover bottom. Cover wafers with a layer of bananas. Just cover bananas with more custard.
- 5Repeat layers until dish is filled. End with custard. Sprinkle remaining coconut over the top of dish.
- 6Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Over night is even better.
Store any leftovers in the fridge.