I use this in my jelly rolls..yummy
16 oz. pkgfrozen sliced strawberries in syrup ; thawed and drained
1 Tbsplemon juice, fresh
3 largeegg yolks ; slightly beaten
1/4 cbutter ; cut into chunks
1 tspstrawberry extract
How to Make Strawberry Curd
- Puree' strawberries in a food processor or a blender until smooth.
- In a sauce pan , combine sugar , cornstarch , puree' , lemon juice and the yolks together.
- Cook on medium heat until very thick ; whisking constantly so it don't stick for about 8 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter and extract until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled and set ; about 2 hours.
- Use for filling in donuts , jelly rolls , cakes ..ect.