I use this in my jelly rolls..yummy
- 16 oz. pkg
- frozen sliced strawberries in syrup ; thawed and drained
- 1 c
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon juice, fresh
- 3 large
- egg yolks ; slightly beaten
- 1/4 c
- butter ; cut into chunks
- 1 tsp
- strawberry extract
How to Make Strawberry Curd
- 1Puree' strawberries in a food processor or a blender until smooth.
- 2In a sauce pan , combine sugar , cornstarch , puree' , lemon juice and the yolks together.
- 3Cook on medium heat until very thick ; whisking constantly so it don't stick for about 8 minutes.
- 4Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter and extract until well combined.
- 5Cover and refrigerate until chilled and set ; about 2 hours.
- 6Use for filling in donuts , jelly rolls , cakes ..ect.