STICKY HONEY-PINEAPPLE CUSTARDS
Recipe & photo: bhg.com
How to Make STICKY HONEY-PINEAPPLE CUSTARDS
- 1In a small heavy saucepan heat half-and-half over medium-low heat just until bubbly. Remove from heat; set aside.
- 2Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine egg yolks, sugar, 1 Tbsp. honey, and vanilla. Beat with wire whisk just until combined. Slowly whisk in the hot half-and-half.
- 3Place 4 shallow 8-ounce ramekins or 6- to 10-ounce custard cups in a roasting pan. Pour custard into dishes. Place pan on oven rack. Carefully pour boiling water in pan to halfway up sides of dishes.
- 4Bake in a preheated 325-degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes for shallow dishes or 35 to 40 minutes for deep dishes or just until a knife inserted near center comes out clean (centers will jiggle slightly). Carefully remove dishes from water; cool on wire rack. Cover; chill for 1 to 8 hours.
- 5Just before serving, in a large skillet heat the 3/4 cup honey. Arrange pineapple slices in honey in skillet. Bring to a gentle boiling over medium-high heat. Boil, uncovered, for 15 minutes (honey will bubble) or until honey has thickened and begins to darken and pineapple is tender.
- 6Place a pineapple ring on each custard. Drizzle with some of the honey from skillet.