- 1 qt
- 1/3 c
- minute tapioca
- eggs, separated
- 1/2 c
- granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
How to Make School Cafeteria Tapioca
- 1Heat milk until scalding. Stir in tapioca gradually. Cook mixture over boiling water or direct low heat 6 to 8 minutes, until tapioca is done.
- 2Beat egg yolks until pale in color. Beat with 1/4 cup sugar and salt. Stir into tapioca. Cook and stir until mixture thickens slightly. Stir in vanilla. Cool slightly.
- 3Beat egg whites and remaining 1/4 cup sugar until stiff. Fold into hot pudding.
- 4Cool thoroughly, covered with wax paper.
- 5To serve, spoon into dessert or parfait dishes. Garnish with whipped cream and maraschino cherry, if desired.