☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/3 cminute tapioca
1/2 cgranulated sugar
1 1/2 tspvanilla extract
How to Make School Cafeteria Tapioca
- Heat milk until scalding. Stir in tapioca gradually. Cook mixture over boiling water or direct low heat 6 to 8 minutes, until tapioca is done.
- Beat egg yolks until pale in color. Beat with 1/4 cup sugar and salt. Stir into tapioca. Cook and stir until mixture thickens slightly. Stir in vanilla. Cool slightly.
- Beat egg whites and remaining 1/4 cup sugar until stiff. Fold into hot pudding.
- Cool thoroughly, covered with wax paper.
- To serve, spoon into dessert or parfait dishes. Garnish with whipped cream and maraschino cherry, if desired.