PEGGI'S BREAD PUDDING WITH LEMON SAUCE
Peggi Anne Tebben
I used to use the left over hot rolls at the end of day. I would chunk them up & throw them in a big flat pan & let them dry out a few days, before using.
6 cdry bread chunks
1/2 craisins or dried cranberries, soaked in warm water
3 cmilk (or more)
1/4 cmelted butter
4eggs, slightly beaten
2 tsppure vanilla
1/2 cchopped pecans (optional)
LEMON SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
1egg, slightly beaten by hand
3 Tbspreal lemon juice
How to Make PEGGI'S BREAD PUDDING WITH LEMON SAUCE
- For Bread Pudding:
Spray Rameikins or deep casserole dish.
- Mix all pudding ingredients in large bowl except bread. Then add bread. May have to use more or less milk. You want enough to just cover bread after it has set for a few minutes & soaked some up
- Spoon into prepared dishes, dividing the milk in mix between dishes. May need to add more milk.
- Bake @ 350° for about 20-30 minutes or until set & slightly browned on top. Remove from oven & let set about 10 minutes or so before serving.
- Serve slightly warm with Lemon Sauce.
NOTE: For the best flavor, serve the pudding slightly warm & refrigerate the lemon sauce & pour it over the warm pudding while the sauce is cold.
- For LEMON SAUCE:
- *Heat butter & sugar in double boiler until sugar dissolves. Pour in food processor. With lid on, drizzle beaten egg slowly into hot mixture so egg doesn't cook or scramble. Add lemon juice. May adjust lemon juice to taste.
- *I have made this hundreds of times & could never get the sugar to dissolve completely without going funky, so don't worry. Just cook a few minutes until mixed thoroughly & put in processor. Takes care of it.