Orange Breakfast Bread Pudding
Picture is from Pillsbury
2cans (13.9 oz each) pillsbury® refrigerated orange flavor sweet rolls with icing (16 rolls)
3/4 cwalnut halves and pieces, coarsely chopped
1 tsppure vanilla extract
How to Make Orange Breakfast Bread Pudding
- 1 Heat oven to 400°F. Spray large cookie sheet with Crisco Original No-Stick Cooking Spray or other kind if you prefer. On cookie sheet, place rolls 1 inch apart. Reserve icing. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Spray 8-inch square pan with cooking spray. Using serrated knife, cut rolls into 1/2- to 1-inch pieces; set aside.
- In large bowl, mix 2 cups half-and-half, whole eggs, egg yolks, sugar and walnuts until well blended. Gently stir in roll pieces. Spread in pan.
- Bake at 350°F 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes clean and top is deep golden brown. Cool 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, heat icing (from both containers), 1/4 cup half-and-half and butter over low heat, stirring occasionally, until butter is melted. Stir in vanilla.
Cut warm bread pudding into 9 servings. Drizzle with sauce.