Mrs. Wood's Cream Cheese Banana Pudding
She shared this recipe in our church cookbook. When I made this pudding for my family, they immediately asked when I would make it again.
Mrs. Wood is now a widow, but I always think of her and her dear husband when I make or share this recipe.
I have updated the original recipe a bit for clarity.
When I make this, I often use reduced-fat cream cheese, milk, and Cool Whip.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 8 oz
- cream cheese
- 1 can(s)
- sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 1 large
- box instant banana or vanilla pudding
- 3 c
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/2 box
- vanilla wafers
- 3 medium
- bananas, sliced
- bowl cool whip
How to Make Mrs. Wood's Cream Cheese Banana Pudding
- 1In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk until fluffy.
In another bowl, combine pudding mix and milk until thickened. Add this mixture to the cream cheese mixture.
Stir in vanilla and half of the Cool Whip.
- 2In a serving bowl, layer vanilla wafers and banana slices.
Top with pudding.
Top with remaining Cool Whip.
Garnish with remaining vanilla wafers and banana slices.
- 3Refrigerate about 3 hours.