Mom's Best Bread Pudding
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 3 1/2 c
- small, soft bread cubes (whole wheat is best)
- 3/4 c
- sugar, or sugar substitute
- 1 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 1 qt
- non-fat milk (or almond or coconut milk)
- eggs, beaten
- 1/2 c
- 1/4 c
- diced, dried apricots
- 3/4 c
- grape nuts cereal
How to Make Mom's Best Bread Pudding
- 1Place 2 ½ cups of bread cubes in a 1 quart casserole or baking dish.
- 2Combine sugar, vanilla and milk in the top of a double boiler, scald. Remove from heat.
- 3Gradually add milk mixture to beaten eggs, stirring constantly. Mix in raisins, apricots and Grape-Nuts.
- 4Pour over bread cubes. Top with remaining bread cubes.
- 5Place baking dish in a pan of hot water. Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until set. Can be served warm or cold.