Mom's Best Bread Pudding
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 1/2 csmall, soft bread cubes (whole wheat is best)
3/4 csugar, or sugar substitute
1 tsppure vanilla extract
1 qtnon-fat milk (or almond or coconut milk)
1/4 cdiced, dried apricots
3/4 cgrape nuts cereal
How to Make Mom's Best Bread Pudding
- Place 2 ½ cups of bread cubes in a 1 quart casserole or baking dish.
- Combine sugar, vanilla and milk in the top of a double boiler, scald. Remove from heat.
- Gradually add milk mixture to beaten eggs, stirring constantly. Mix in raisins, apricots and Grape-Nuts.
- Pour over bread cubes. Top with remaining bread cubes.
- Place baking dish in a pan of hot water. Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until set. Can be served warm or cold.