Miniature Vanilla Pear Tarts for Diabetics
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- mini graham cracker tart shells
- 1 (3.4 oz) pkg
- sugar-free french vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/2 - 2 c
- fresh pears, chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/4 c
- +2 tablespoons splenda granulated
- 1 Tbsp
- ground cinnamon
- drop almond extract
- sugar-free whipped topping for garnish
- cinnamon for garnish, if desired
How to Make Miniature Vanilla Pear Tarts for Diabetics
- 1Make the pudding according to package directions for pie filling. Divide evenly among the six tart shells. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until serving time.
- 2Place the fresh pears, water, Splenda, and cinnamon in a saucepan; stir to blend well. Cool slowly on medium low heat, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes. Lower heat to simmer and simmer until the pears are tender and the liquid is syrupy. Remove from heat and stir in the almond extract. Allow to cool completely.
- 3To serve, top the tarts with the pears and top with a spoonful of whipped cream. Sprinkle with a dash of cinnamon, if desired.