lemon White Chocolate Mousse
- 5 large
- egg yolks
- 1/2 c
- granulated sugar
- 1/2 c
- lemon juice
- 4 tsp
- finely grated lemon zest
- 1 pinch
- 1/4 c
- 2 2/3 c
- whipping cream
- 3 1/2 oz
- bar of white chocolate, finely chopped(about 1/2 cup white chips)
- 4 c
- strawberries, hulled and sliced
How to Make lemon White Chocolate Mousse
- 1Whisk egg yolks, sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and salt in a medium bowl and mix together well.
Over a pot of simmering water, whisk the mixture until it is very thick, about 6 minutes. Cool the lemon mixture.
- 2Combine 1/4 cup of cream and the white chocolate in a mixing bowl over simmering water. Stir mixture until melted and smooth. Cool this white chocolate mixture to room temperature.
- 3Beat the remaining cream until firm peaks form. Divide the whipped cram between the two mousse bases, folding in 1 cup at a time.
In six parfait glasses, layer with lemon mousse in each top with 2 Tablespoons strawberries. Then layer the white chocolate mousse over berries. Repeat layering 2 more times.