Lemon Delicious Pudding
The key to the light and airy texture of this dessert is to not over-work the batter or the texture can become dense. Mix only until ingredients are combined.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·butter or oil (to coat baking ramekins)
3/4 cupsuper-fine sugar (caster sugar)
2 largelemons, zested and juiced
4 largeeggs, separated
1 1/4 cupsmilk
·boiling water (about 3 to 4 cups or so - it will vary)
·powdered sugar, for dusting
·whipped cream, for serving
·strips of lemon peel, for garnish (optional)
How to Make Lemon Delicious Pudding
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Lightly butter four 1-cup baking ramekins; set aside.
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the butter, half of the sugar, and lemon zest until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg yolks and flour. Gradually beat in the lemon juice and milk until thoroughly blended.
- In a clean bowl, use the electric mixer to beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add the remaining sugar until thick and glossy. Gently fold the meringue into the lemon mixture. Pour evenly among the four ramekins.
- Add the filled ramekins to a large baking dish. Gently pour boiling water into the baking dish until it reaches halfway up the sides of the ramekins, being careful not to let water splash into the ramekins.
- Add the baking dish to the oven, and bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool about 5 minutes. Sprinkle a light dusting of powdered sugar on top. Top with a spoonful of whipped cream, garnish with strips of lemon peel, and serve.