Lavender Creme Brulee
How to Make Lavender Creme Brulee
- 1Preheat oven to 350 f. Bring milk, fresh ginger and lavender bulbs to boil in med saucepan. Remove saucepan from heat; cover and let steep for 10 minutes. Pour milk mixture through sieve set over bowl.( small holed retainer) pressing on soild to extract as much liquid as possible, discard solids.
- 2Whisk sugar ,whole egg and egg yolk in med bowl until eggs are pale yellow, 1 minute . Slowly whisk in hot mixture until blended. Divide custard among 6 (4 oz) ramekins or custard cups and place in a shallow roasting pan.
- 3Put s pan in oven. Add enough boiling water to pan to come halfway up side of ramekins. Bake until custard are set around edges and still jiggle slightly in center, 35-40 minutes.
- 4Transfer ramekins to rack; cool completely. Chill, covered, until set at least 4 hours or up to 3 days.
- 5For topping, preheat boiler pan. Sprinkle custards evenly with remaining sugar and place on bottom of broiler pan. Broil 5 inches from heat until sugar is melting and bubbling 3-4 minutes. Let stand until topping is crisp, 2-3 minutes. Serve as once.