Jell-O Layered Margarita Bites
Margarita Jell-O is not an easy find, so we improvised by using two boxes of lime Jell-o and 1 cup of boiling margarita mix in place of 1/2 the boiling water called for in the recipe. We loved the way it turned out - the perfect light bite for your next adult party. Be sure to garnish with salt... It really makes the dish!
- 2 c
- boiling water
- 2 pkg
- jell-o brand margarita flavor gelatin
- 1/2 c
- grated peel and juice from lime
- 2 c
- thawed cool whip topping
How to Make Jell-O Layered Margarita Bites
- 1STIR boiling water into dry gelatin mixes with wire whisk in a large bowl at least 2 mins. Stir in tequila and 2 tbs of lime juice. Add whipped topping and 1 tsp of the lime peel; stir until whipped topping is completely melted and well blended.
- 2Pour into an 8 inch square pan.
- 3Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm. Cut into 36 pieces to serve. Garnish with additional lime peel and coarse salt, if desired. For non-alcoholic substitute cold water for tequila.