- loaf of day old french or italian bread, sliced 1 inch thick
- beef, pork, chicken, or turkey soup with vegetables
- spaghetti sauce
- head of cabbage, shedded
- parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Italian Bread Soup Pudding-Mary
- 1Mix your spaghetti sauce with your soup.
In a buttered deep rectagular pyrex dish place a layer of bread.
Put 2 ladles full of the soup and sauce mixture on top of the slices of bread that are in your pan.
- 2Sprinkle a thick layer of parmesan cheese of top. Add a layer of raw cabbage. Salt and pepper to taste.
Keep laying until you have used up the bread.
- 3Bake until bubbling and cooked through.
- 4I have made this with Clam and Seafood Chowder. Just eliminate the spagheti sauce, unless you are using a Manhattan Chowder. It's also great with Gouda Cheese, Cheedar, Swiss or other cheeses. Just depends on what soup or chowder you are using.
Sometimes I have made it without the spaghetti sauce.