Home Made Chocolate Pudding
You can reduce the amount of sugar if you like to whatever you prefer.
This is a rich and chocolatey smooth creation. Did you know that chocolate pudding originated in Cuba? I just discovered that tidbit of information.
How to Make Home Made Chocolate Pudding
- That's it... those are the directions she wrote...
- For those of us who need a little more direction:
Beat the egg whites to stiff peaks then set aside
- In a small bowl, mix the 2 heaping Tbsp of corn starch with 1/4 C of the cold milk until the corn starch dissolves and there are no lumps (a wooden spoon is good for this part because you can use it to smush the corn starch on the sides of the bowl to get rid of lumps)
- Add the cornstarch mix and the rest of the milk, sugar, butter, and chocolate to the double boiler and bring to a low boil -- stirring constantly -- when the pudding thickens, remove from heat
- G-r-a-d-u-a-l-l-y beat 1 cup of hot cocoa mixture into the beaten egg whites then pour this mixture back into pan.
- Cook over double boiler for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove pan from heat.
- Add vanilla; blend well. Pour the finished pudding into your serving dishes and cool to room temperature. Cover and chill for 1 hour.